Monday 28 February 2011

Vitamins and supplements

Hi!

Completely forgot to write anymore yesterday, had plans on taking a photo of my dinner as well but guess I just have to describe it instead. I Had Pan-fried chicken with tarragon and lemon and a green salad with that. For dessert we had fresh strawberries and a little bit of ice cream. Except for my three main meals I also had roasted almonds and an apple in between the meals. Always eat 5-6 times a day!

I had plans on walking the morning trail again tonight with a friend but I have got a cough and in order to recover I will stay home instead. I might just do a basic yoga workout depending on how I feel.

We got new Vitamins yesterday (we order them online since the Swiss brand is not available in HK) so now I am back to my normal pill cocktail in the mornings:


From the left: Spirulina (I take 2-4 tablets a day, will write a whole post about spirulina in the future), women's green multivitamin (1 tablet) Fish Oil which is Omega 3 (3 tablets) Hair skin and Nails (1 tablet) and Mood (1 tablet) the last one is good for women especially around PMS periods. 

 Remember that Vitamins are only supplements and will only work if you also eat a balanced diet. What many people don't know is that the vitamins need to be transported to the cells by for example fat or water. Vitamins A, D, E and K for example are fat-soluble vitamins meaning that they dissolve in fat before they are absorbed in the blood stream to carry out their functions. This means that if you don't eat fat you will eventually get a deficiency of these vitamins no matter how many pills you pop. Always stick to a balanced diet between Slow Carbohydrates, Good Fats, Protein and water to make sure the body get all the nutrition it needs!

Have a Healthy and Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment