Saturday 26 February 2011

Brunch and to drink or not to drink?

Hi!

I am back home now for the first time in two weeks and it actually feels great. Two weeks of holiday is perfect since it is long enough to get the motivation back for work. I have a lot of things to deal with regarding my own little company and my regular job. Fixing with some things now but will soon take a break since I am going for brunch with some friends in a Restaurant here in Hong Kong called Top Deck. It will be absolutely lovely because the weather is sunny with about 20 degrees (Celsius) and we will sit outside. Usually brunches here involves free flowing champagne and usually I am a big fan of it, but today I think I will have to stick to the nice food and the alcohol free beverages. Feel I have been indulging enough over the holiday and I still want some productive hours in the afternoon including some exercise (which I wouldn't get if drinking since I get drunk from very little :)).

I promised I would write about my opinion of alcohol and drinking and here it comes: I write about health and happiness since I think they are very much interrelated. I think life is all about balance and that basically everything is allowed in moderation (drugs and anything illegal excluded of course). Alcohol in excess will have serious health effects but alcohol in moderation will not. I like a glass of wine now and then and I even like to have a bender (?!) on special occasions and I think we have to allow ourselves that. Forbidding ourselves to drink, eat or do something we like will just be destructive mentally and can lead to unhappiness. Always keep balance in mind; allow yourself the "forbidden" treats - in moderation!

                                No need to choose one or the other when you can do both! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment