Friday 4 March 2011

Spirulina

Hi! As mentioned  previously I can write a whole post about Spirulina so here it comes! I think Spirulina is great since it is a natural supplement and I have noticed that I both have gotten more energy and my skin and hair has gotten better since I started including it in my diet.
Spirulina is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. It is 100% natural blue-green algae that were first discovered inn South American and African lakes and has since constituted a significant part of the diet in many communities.
Today Spirulina is usually sold and used in tablets or powder as a dietary supplement and has many different benefits:
Spirulina is extremely rich in vegetable protein and iron – richer than both soy and beef.  
It contains a high volume of beta-carotene (Vitamin A) which protects cells (5 times more than carrot and 40 times more than spinach).
Spirulina contains high volumes of GLA which is a rare healthy essential fatty acid that can reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
In addition Spirulina holds a wide range of Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin B (which is particularly lacking in a vegetarian diet), Potassium, Magnesium Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium etc.
Spirulina is probably the only food containing Phycocyanin which both have anti-inflammatory effects and help the body’s immune system.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment